$80.00 – $90.00
What is Mulberry Silk?
Mulberry Silk is the highest quality silk available for purchase. The resulting cocoons are spun into raw silk fibers. Because the silkworms of the Bombyx Mori Moth are fed only Mulberry leaves, the resulting silk is some of the finest available in the world.
Why Silver Ionic Infusion?
Designed to protect skin from the external causes of blemishes and breakouts while you sleep, Sinless Silk Ionic Pillowcase combines innovation, performance and luxury to aid the healing process of your skin and prevent further infections and irritations. We believe that healing and wellness can be achieved in a gentle and nurturing manner without compromising the skin surface or micro biome. Sinless Silk products are scientifically proven to eliminate harmful and pervasive bacteria from first contact by 99.9% when compared to traditional silk and other fabrics. As a result, Sinless Silk Ionic Pillowcase are one of the most effective silver ion infused silk products available worldwide.
What is a Momme?
A momme (pronounced ‘mommy’) is a unit of measurement used to grade the weight of Silk.
It is the traditional way of measuring the weight of silk, and derives from the weight of a length of Silk measuring 100 yards long by 45 inches wide. (45 inches is the standard width of silk fabric)
If the weight of that length of fabric is 19 lbs in weight, then the Silk is 19 momme. If the weight of that length of fabric is 12 lbs, then the silk is 12 momme.
The tighter the weave, the more Silk is used, which means that the weight and the momme count are higher.
A lower count momme has less silk in the weave and there is therefore more friction in the lower weight silk. The friction is precisely what accelerates the ageing process, so a higher momme count is essential.
By contrast, a momme count which is too high becomes too thick, and is unable to drape as well. A very high momme count which contains too much silk for skincare feels very stiff and is uncomfortable against facial skin.
Silk is a remarkably resilient material but the higher the momme count, the better it will withstand washing.
Benefits for Skin
Silk contains 18 amino acids and is made of a protein structure which is similar to that of our hair. (Keratins) We think of Silk as a biodynamic fabric which positively benefits the skin, and this is backed up by scientific research.
Put simply, the higher the momme count, the more Silk there is and the higher the benefits.
Silk is a heavy lifter when it comes to skincare benefits and does the work of many creams and serums, whilst also helping your skin to retain those creams, instead of wicking them away as cotton does. You will not get the same benefits from a thinner, lower momme Silk.
With that said, higher momme sheets are more densely woven, which means a greater concentration of silk thread; a richer luster; and an overall softer feel. We believe they are a worthwhile investment in your health, beauty, and sleep!
- Silk tames "bed head."If you wake with a head full of tangles, it's likely due to friction from your cotton pillowcase. Silk pillowcases let your hair glide across their surface instead of snagging, no matter how much you toss and turn. You'll get a new morning look: smoother, silkier, and tangle-free. Silk also protects fragile or newly regrown hair from breakage.
- Silk keeps hair and skin moisturized.Cotton is absorbent and pulls moisture from hair and skin while you sleep. Silk is protein-based and helps hair and skin retain precious moisture.
- Silk minimizes "sleep wrinkles."Cotton pillowcases tug and pull at delicate facial skin, leaving it creased and wrinkled. Over time, those lines can become permanent. Silk greatly reduces that friction; minimizes the incidence of sleep wrinkles; and slows the damage they cause.
- Silk helps regulate body temperature.When you sweat, silk wicks away moisture and keeps you cool. In cold weather, silk creates a thin insulated layer that maintains warmth. It's the ideal fabric for year-round comfort.
- Silk is healthful.Silk is hypoallergenic and non-irritating. It's gentle on even the most sensitive or acne-prone skin. Silk is also naturally resistant to mold, dust, and mites.
- Silk is luxurious.No fabric on earth can compare to the look, comfort, and indulgent feel of silk. Sleeping on silk is a luxury like no other.
How to care for your Silk Pillowcase
If you recently purchased a silk pillowcase, Congratulations! You have made a fantastic investment in your beauty sleep, as sleeping on silk helps prevent wrinkles, reduce "bedhead" and lots of other beauty benefits. Few fabrics feel as decadent and luxurious a silk.
Learn how to wash your pillowcase so it lasts for years to come.
How to wash your and care for your silk pillowcase:
While some silk items require dry cleaning, silk pillowcases are generally machine washable. Follow the specific care instructions for best results. For most silk pillowcases, these include:
- Water Temperature-Cold
- Detergent-pH-balanced (look for silk-specific products)
- Drying-Hang dry
- Ironing- lowest heat setting